2023 Summer Internship
The 2023 Summer Internship Experience will be hosted by The Alabama Fashion Alliance and The Lavish Studios Workspace! This Internship will include training and focus primarily on you networking, building professional relationships, learning and developing new skills, and gaining a deeper understanding of concepts through hands-on application of the knowledge you’ve been exposed to in class or within the real world.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about design, interested in or actively pursuing a career in beauty, fashion, styling, art, & design or be curious about exploring new skillsets/topics to develop their own unique portfolio of work.
After successful completion of this internship, you will:
1. Understand how a fashion business runs.
2. Understand how to market a business.
3. Understand the importance of non-profits and how they run.
4. Be able to design from an environmentally, socially, economically conscious place.
5. Have new knowledge & skills in beauty and styling.
6. Be more confident in the event planning and coordination process.
7. Be more proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, & Premiere.
8. Understand apparel manufacturing methods & techniques.
9. Have exposure to 3D tools like Blender & Clo3D.
10. Be more proficient in sewing.
11. Have experience doing pattern design and development.
12. Have a diverse portfolio of work.
13. Have a network of new professional relationships.
14. Have a exhibition, installation, social media rollout, or samples for a capsule collection consisting of 2-3 items.
This internship will last 9 weeks and will explore the following topics:
- Non Profits/ Social Justice
- Beauty, Lifestyle, & Styling
- Event Planning/Coordination
- Graphic Design
- Apparel/Product Design
- Pattern Design/Development
- Apparel Manufacturing
Your daily structure will consist of:
- Creative Exercises
- Brainstorming Sessions
- Guided Learning Via Outline & Videos
- Sketching & Journaling
- Hands on Instruction
- Meeting & Talking With Other Professionals
- Collaboration & Workshops
- Capsule Collection
If selected, you will be awarded an educational stipend to help with the cost of materials, supplies, and any other expenses occurred during your time with us. This internship is viewed by Alabama Fashion Alliance and Lavish Studios as being an educational opportunity for you, rather than a part-time job.